The second Golden period (1936~)
Frank Lloyd Wright designed and built many of his masterpieces, in this period.
He kept his unique invention and powerful energy for architecture, till the end.
Johnson Wax building
Falling Water (1936)
It harmonized beautifully with around landscapes,
forest, brook, stones and so on.
"Falling Water is a one of the great blessings that
we can experience in this world."
- red color interior and unique furniture
- effective indirect lighting
- The stair is a symbol of connection between river and living room
Taliesin West (1937)
It is the greatest architecture of Wright’s prairie style
It beautifully harmonizes with view
and it seems like an oasis in a desert.
Interior & Exterior
- continuous geometric pattern
- desert raw stones wall
Johnson Wax building (1939)
It is a rare office building among Wright's architecture.
Wright thought that,
"beautiful and comfortable space not only raised company employees but also enriched their life."
- the pillar like mushroom
- the ceiling consists of the pillar top like a lotus leaf
- lights from ceiking and red and cream color
Guggenheim Meuseum (1959)
Last art of Frank Lloyd Wright
"This Museum exists to make beautiful and continuous symphony of pictures and architecture."
- spiral structure and beautiful curvilinear line
- light from ceiling
- geometric patterns and curvilinear line
Wright never saw the completion of the Guggenheim Museum, opened in October 1959.
He died on April 9,1959.
About 50 or 100 years has passed since Frank Lloyd Wright built a lot of great architecture.
People still stay carefully at house designed by him.
We are still fascinated by him works.
In future, it will never change.